Wednesday 8 December 2010

Future Personal Developments Using CAD

Below is a Skills audit on CAD: Outlining how confidant I am with Computer Aided Design.
Now that I have completed my skills audit, I can see what my weaknesses and strengths are and where I need to focus on improving my CAD skills.

From looking at the skills audit, I’m fairly confidant in using Pro-desktop and 2D design, due to the fact that I have been using it for the past year for my assignments and I would feel alright to teach it. However I would need to practice on assembling in Pro-desktop, so that I have knowledge on how to do it.  I would also need to practice with Photoshop, so that I’m confidant and know how to use it well.

SolidWorks, Adobe Illustrator and Pro-Engineer are the main CAD programs that I’m not confidant in using. However I can work on these by researching about them and doing tutorials so that I can get to grips with these CAD programs.

Finally I have just recently started to use Google Sketch up, which is a free package that I have downloaded. It is very simple to use and you can create infinitive models and designs. I would definitely use this in the future and it is a good CAD program to introduce students to.

No comments:

Post a Comment